On those cold, rainy Autumn days, a slice of warm apple crumble with cream is just the thing you need!
Try this easy Gluten free apple crumble recipe.
Warm and Spicy Apple Crumble
Comforting and homely gluten-free apple crumble
- 250 g gluten-free flour mix
- 125 g butter
- 130 g tapioca flour
- 100 g sugar
- 1 egg
- 10 ml baking powder
- 10 ml cinnamon
- 5 ml cardamom
- 6 apples, peeled and cored
- 125 g sugar
- 1 lemon
- handful of almond flakes
- cream the butter and sugar and then add the egg and mix until combined.
- Add the cinnamon, cardamon, flours, baking powder and mix
- Press half the crumble mixture into a lined pie dish.
- Place a piece of baking paper on top and then uncooked rice. Blind bake for 10 minutes at 180C.
- Remove the paper and rice and cook for another 5 minutes.
- In a bowl, add the sliced apples, lemon juice and sugar and mix.Lay the apple slices evenly on top of the crumble base. Pour over any remaining liquid.Sprinkle the remaining crumble mixture over the top.Bake for 50m minutes.