On those cold, rainy Autumn days, a slice of warm apple crumble with cream is just the thing you need!
Try this easy Gluten free apple crumble recipe.
If you don’t feel like making the pastry, remember I sell ready-made Gluten free and Vegan pastry in my shop.
Gluten Free Apple Crumble
- 125 g Butter
- 100 g sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 lemon Juice of
- 250 g Gluten Free flour mix with xanthan gum
- 1 cup tapioca flour extra
- 10 ml baking powder
- 10 ml cinnamon
- 5 ml ground all spice
- 6 apples, peeled and cored, thinly sliced
- 125 ml sugar
- almond flakes
- Preheat your oven to 180 degrees Celcious
- Cream the butter and sugar together until light and fluffy.
- Add the egg and beat
- Add the flour and baking powder and spices and mix until crumbly
- If your mixture is still too wet, Add the extra tapioca flour until the mixture is crumbly (otherwise omit this step)
- Press half the pastry into a greased pie dish and blind bake with baking paper and rice on top for 10 min
- Remove the baking paper and rice and bake for another 5 min
- Peel and core the apples and slice them thinly. Add to a bowl with the lemon juice and sugar and mix with a spoon until evenly coated.
- Add the apple slices to the pre baked shell and then pour the left over juice on top evenly.
- sprinkle the crumble mixture over the top and add some more cinnamon and sugar
- sprinkle the almond flakes over the top.
- Bake for 50-60 minutes or until golden on top.
- cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes
- serve with whipped cream.