Boozy Gluten Free Trifle Recipe
I wrote this recipe a few years ago. It was one of the most delicious desserts I’ve made and this coming summer, I am definitely making it again! It consists of three layers: a gluten free sponge cake, chocolate cheesecake layer and an Amurula Cream layer.
The Dessert is quite time consuming but trust me, totally worth the end result!
For this recipe you need a good blend of gluten free flour. I would suggest one that contains white rice flour, tapioca and potato starch. I use erythritol as my sugar substitute but if you don’t mind the sugar, use regular white granulated sugar.
Enjoy this yummy dessert for your next dinner party!
bonnie's Boozy gluten free and sugar free trifle
Bonnie's Boozy Trifle by http://www.bonniesgfbakery.com
*140g Gluten free flour mix
*1/2 tsp bicarbonate of soda
*1 /2 tsp baking powder
*1 tsp chia seeds
*3 tbsp boiling water
*3/4 cup Erythritol
*1 tsp vanilla essence
*1/4 cup yogurt
Layer 2: Chocolate Cheesecake Mousse
*1 tub (250g) plain smooth full fat cream cheese
*2 Tbsp custard powder
*1 tsp vanilla essence
*1/2 cup erythritol
Layer 3: Amurula cream
*1 tub (250ml) whipping cream
*1 tot Amurula cream
1. Preheat your oven to 180c
2. Line a baking tin with baking paper and set aside.
3. In a small bowl, mix the chia seeds and boiling water to make a slurry (thick gel like substance)
4. In a larger bowl, beat the butter and erythritol until creamy.
5. Add the chia slurry and yogurt to the butter mix and beat.
5. Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients in 3 parts, mixing after each addition.
6. Transfer the mixture to the baking pan and bake for 30 min.
7. Cool on a wire rack.
chocolate Cheesecake Mousse Layer
1. whip the cream until soft peaks form.
2. Add the cream cheese, custard powder, vanilla and erythritol and mix.
3. Set aside
Amurula Cream layer
1. Whip the cream and tot of Amurula together until soft peaks.
1. In a large glass bowl: crumble the sponge into the bottom until about 3cm deep.
2. Add a few teaspoons of coffee liqueur over the top
3. Next spread the chocolate cheesecake mousse on top.
4. Repeat the sponge and coffee liqueur layer.
5. Add the Amurula cream layer.
6. The final layer: grate 70% dark chocolate over the top and pecan and almond slivers. Refrigerate for a few hours or overnight.