thai Green curry
I had never really tried Thai cuisine until I started cooking for my bakery. I’ve been surprised that I love the flavors so much and am really enjoying trying new recipes. I’ve made Thai red curry now multiple times and have made my own paste from scratch. Since I have a shellfish allergy, I make mine without crustaceans. The Thai green paste I used in this recipe is From a Brand called “Chef’s Choice” -Green curry paste. I purchased this online from Faithful to Nature. It is delicious! (and no shellfish, and gluten free)
Thai Green Curry by http://www.bonniesgfbakery.com
Ingredients*1 packet Mini chicken breast fillets about 300-400g
*1 yellow bell pepper
*3-4 tbsp green curry paste (to taste)
*3 Tbsp coconut sugar)
*1 can of 400ml coconut milk
*Juice of one lemon
*Toasted almond flakes (optional)
1. Coat the chicken fillets in 2 tbsp of the curry paste and season with salt and pepper.
2. Fry the chicken in a pan with a tbsp of oil until for about 5 minutes.
3. Remove the chicken and add the sliced bell pepper to the pan along with 1 tbsp curry paste and saute for a few minutes until the bell pepper is mostly cooked.
4. Add the chicken back into the pan along with the coconut milk and sugar. Stir while bringing it to a gentle simmer for about 12 minutes. Add lemon juice and more seasoning to taste.
5. Remove from the pan and serve as is or over Basmati rice with toasted almonds and fresh coriander./span>
This recipe is also great as a vegetarian version. Instead of the chicken strips, use a 250g packet of stir fry veggies and follow the recipe as per the same instructions above.
PS. Just look at this gorgeous Fork! I found it while antique shopping. I love the detail engravings on it.