These banana muffins are really great because they are refined sugar-free, grain free and also because they remind me of bran muffins. Bran muffins were my favorite muffins before I had to go off gluten.
The Almond flour used to make these muffins gives them that bran-like texture ( I used a course ground almond meal for these, not a finely ground almond flour) and they also keep you full for longer as almond flour is high in protein and fat.
Almond flour is also high in Vitamin E and magnesium.
what you need for these
- almond meal
- bicarbonate of soda
- coconut sugar
- vanilla essence
- 2 bananas
Gluten Free Banana almond flour Muffins
Gluten free banana muffins by http://www.bonniesgfbakery.com
Ingredients*168g Almond meal (can use flour but won’t be as textured)
*1/2 tsp bicarbonate of soda
*1 tsp cinnamon
*1/4 tsp salt
*2 Tbsp oil (can use coconut)
*2 tsp vanilla essence
*1 cup of mashed banana (2 small or 1 large)
1. Preheat your oven to 180c
2. In a large mixing bowl, whisk the almond flour, bicarb, cinnamon and salt and set aside.
3. In a smaller bowl, whisk together the oil, coconut sugar, eggs and vanilla.
4. Add the wet ingredients to the dry and mix using a wooden spoon.
5. Add the mashed banana and mix until just combined.
5. Spoon into muffin cases
6. Bake for 20-25 minutes/span>
7. Cool on a wire rack. Once cool, store in an air tight container in the cupboard.
They will last for 2-3 days. You can also freeze them.
I hope you enjoy making these muffins!