I love Nachos! Who else loves Nachos?? There is something so yummy and comforting about this simple, easy to prepare dish. Since I don’t eat beans, my recipe is super simple and no beans required!
What you will need:
- Free range beef mince (500g)
- 1 packet of Corn nacho chips (Gluten free)
- 250ml sour cream
- 1 avocado for the guacamole (or buy pre made)
- 2 tins of chopped and peeled tomato. I like to use one plain chopped tomato and one that has chilli in.
- about 200g cheddar cheese
- Red wine (optional, but makes the meal!)
I know a lot of recipes are made using dry ingredients -like a dry mince and beans, but in our family, we like our nachos really saucy and cheesy, so if that is not your thing, then you won’t enjoy this. But if if that is your thing or you haven’t tried it this way yet, do yourself a favor and try it!
Gluten Free Easy Nachos
Easy Gluten Free Nachos by http://www.bonniesgfbakery.com
Ingredients*500g Free range beef mince
*250ml sour cream
*guacamole or make your own
*250g nachos corn chips (I use a Gluten free one)
*1 can of 400ml chopped and peeled tomato
*1 can of 400ml chopped and peeled tomato with chilli
*200g Cheddar cheese
1. Preheat your oven to 200 C on grill setting.
2. In a Frying pan with a tbsp oil, cook your beef mince until just browned with salt and pepper to taste.
3. Add the two cans of tomato and mix.
4. Add some garlic or any other seasoning you might like. Some oregano or mixed herbs goes well.
5. In a oven proof dish, place a layer of chips on the bottom
5. Cover the chips with the mince sauce. Layer chips and sauce again
6. Finally top with grated cheese and place in the oven for 10-15 minutes until the cheese is bubbly and just starting to go golden. Watch it as you don’t want it to burn.
7. Enjoy with a dollop of sour cream and guacamole and a glass of red!
I hope you enjoy my version of nachos!