Gluten free/grain free bread
A quick, one-bowl bread recipe that delivers in flavor and nutrition
- Recipe notes*
1. Unblanched almond flour is fine in this instance and aids in the texture of the bread.
2. Mixed seeds such as : linseed (flaxseed), sesame, pumpkin and sunflower.
3. No nutritional information available for this recipe, however it contains a healthy dose of fiber, protein and omega 3
*200g almond flour
*200g mixed seeds
*30g pysillium husk
*10g baking powder
1. Preheat your oven to 180c.
2. Grease and line a loaf tin with baking paper.
3. In a coffee grinder, grind the seeds to a medium consistency. You should still be able to see small pieces of seeds, so be careful not to grind it into a powder.
4. In a large mixing bowl, add the ground seeds, almond flour, psyllium husk, eggs, buttermilk, salt, baking powder and mix with a wooden spoon until combined. The mixture will be quite moist.
5. Spoon the mixture into the loaf tin, spreading it equally and smoothing the top.
6. Place in the center of your oven and bake for 50 minutes.
7. Remove from the oven and allow to cool in the pan for 10 minutes before turning out to a wire rack to cool.
8. Once the bread has cooled sufficiently, you can slice it and wrap each slice in cling film and freeze. Or alternatively, keep the bread in an air tight container in the fridge. ( I don’t recommend storing it in the cupboard because of the buttermilk and high moisture content- it could grow mold.)
9. Take out the slices as you need, defrost in the microwave for 2 minutes per slice or pop straight into your toaster.
*The original recipe source is unknown. I found this recipe many years ago and have written it out in my own words and slightly adapted the ingredients. If you know the original source, please inform me as I’d love to credit it. Thank you”